TLDR: Short on time and want to jump straight to the answer?
As per our research, the best Linux Network Monitoring Tool for most people is ManageEngine OpManager.
The benefits of using a Linux network monitoring tool are immense, allowing you to monitor all network activity in real-time. Using these tools, you can find out what activities are affecting your connection quality as well as identify locations where your internet traffic is slowing down or increasing significantly. You can use Linux network monitoring to collect statistics about your device’s activity, such as the number of applications launched or services started, as well as upload and download speeds. You can use the information gathered to improve your network security by identifying bad spots.
After researching dozens of Linux Network Monitoring Tool options available in the market today, we have compiled this list of top 8 Linux Network Monitoring Tools to help you find the perfect solution based on your specific needs.
The 8 Best Linux Network Monitoring Tools
Here are our top picks for the best Linux Network Monitoring Tool,
- ManageEngine OpManager – Overall Best Linux Network Monitoring Tool
- Paessler PRTG – Simple and Easy to Use Linux Server Monitoring Software for Beginners
- Nagios – Most Popular Linux Network Monitoring Software
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor – Most Versatile Linux System Monitoring Tool for Flexibility and Customization
- Prometheus – Best Ubuntu Network Monitoring Tool with Fast and Reliable Support
- WhatsUp Gold – Most Affordable Network Monitoring Tool for Linux
- Cockpit Project – Best Freemium Linux Network Traffic Monitor
- Munin Monitoring – Top Rated Linux Server Monitoring Software
So, let’s read on further to get a complete idea of our top Linux Network Monitoring Tool picks for this year.
1. ManageEngine OpManager – Overall Best Linux Network Monitoring Tool
Opmanager software is a linux network monitor tool that proactively monitors the performance of linux devices and interface traffic in real time. Try now!. Linux network monitor – linux network monitoring tools – manageengine opmanager.
2. Paessler PRTG – Simple and Easy to Use Linux Server Monitoring Software for Beginners
Use prtg to monitor linux-based networks. ✦ keep an eye on memory, traffic and much more. ➤ test it now for free!. Linux monitoring with prtg: Stable, secure, effective search customer login search search facebook YouTube instagram Twitter LinkedIn.
3. Nagios – Most Popular Linux Network Monitoring Software
Nagios XI provides complete monitoring of linux processes. Nagios is capable of monitoring the state of any linux process (Apache, mysql, bind, etc) And alerting you when the process is stopped or crashed. Increase server, services, and application availability, detect network outages, failed process, services, batch jobs and protocol failures before they affect your bottom line. Linux monitoring software and tools – nagios.
4. SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor – Most Versatile Linux System Monitoring Tool for Flexibility and Customization
Identify and troubleshoot issues in linux servers and applications with solarwinds server & application monitor for linux performance monitoring. Free trial!. Linux performance monitoring tool – remote app & server monitor – solarwinds.
5. Prometheus – Best Ubuntu Network Monitoring Tool with Fast and Reliable Support
An open-source monitoring system with a dimensional data model, flexible query language, efficient time series database and modern alerting approach. Prometheus – monitoring system & time series database.
6. WhatsUp Gold – Most Affordable Network Monitoring Tool for Linux
Progress (Formerly ipswitch) Whatsup gold provides complete visibility into the status and performance of applications, network devices and servers in the cloud or on-premises. Network monitoring made easy – whatsup gold.
7. Cockpit Project – Best Freemium Linux Network Traffic Monitor
Cockpit makes it easy to administer your linux servers via a web browser. Cockpit project — cockpit project.
8. Munin Monitoring – Top Rated Linux Network Traffic Monitor
Munin is a networked resource monitoring tool that can help analyze resource trends and what just happened to kill our performance? Problems. It is designed to be very plug and play. A default installation provides a lot of graphs with almost no work. Munin monitoring.
Final Thoughts – Best Linux Network Monitoring Tool
The right Linux Network Monitoring Tool for you, depends on your specific needs, of course. Most of our top Linux Network Monitoring Tool picks include a free trial, so don’t be shy about trying a few different brands until you find a perfect fit.
In review, here are our top 8 picks for the best Linux Network Monitoring Tool.
|Name||Use Case||Website Link|
|1. ManageEngine OpManager||Overall Best Linux Network Monitoring Tool||Try Now|
|2. Paessler PRTG||Simple and Easy to Use Linux Server Monitoring Software for Beginners||Try Now|
|3. Nagios||Most Popular Linux Network Monitoring Software||Try Now|
|4. SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor||Most Versatile Linux System Monitoring Tool for Flexibility and Customization||Try Now|
|5. Prometheus||Best Ubuntu Network Monitoring Tool with Fast and Reliable Support||Try Now|
|6. WhatsUp Gold||Most Affordable Network Monitoring Tool for Linux||Try Now|
|7. Cockpit Project||Best Freemium Linux Network Traffic Monitor||Try Now|
|8. Munin Monitoring||Top-Rated Linux Server Monitoring Software||Try Now|
We hope that you found this guide helpful in choosing the best Linux Network Monitoring Tool for your specific needs. Feel free to share the article with your friends and help spread the knowledge.